[Haskell-cafe] Re: Lazy IO and closing of file handles

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Mon Mar 19 16:44:47 EDT 2007

Here's what happens:
fix has type (x->x)->x
and that has to match the first argument to flip, namely 'a->b->c'.
The only chance of that is if x is actually a function type.
Pick x=b->c, now we have
fix has type ((b->c)->b->c)->b->c
and it matches a->b->c if a=(b->c)->b->c

Flip returns b->a->c, and if we substitute we get

If you rename the variables you get the suggested type.

	-- Lennart