[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Summer of Code project proposal

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:09:58 EDT 2007

Hi Nikhil,

haskell-case is probably a better choice of list for this - haskell is
more for announcements.

> > I am Nikhil N, a third year Computer Science student from India. I am
> looking at building a good
>     IDE for people learning Haskell(as part of SoC).This IDE will be modeled
> on Dr Scheme or blueJ.

Have you looked at something based on HIDE or GuiHaskell? The latter
is certainly in the SoC database (I added it), the former was an
active project a while ago.

How much work do you think is involved in writing an IDE?  I suspect
its a massive amount - much more than one summers worth....

Thanks

Neil