[Haskell-cafe] Re: Re: HS-Plugins 1.0 chokes on simple test, WinXP GHC-6.6 (Conal Elliott)

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 05:30:41 EDT 2007

> [mailto:haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Vivian McPhail
>
> I just setup and installed hs-plugins from darcs on WinXP
> using ghc-6.6 and
> MSYS.
>
> The hs-plugin test suite all passes.
>
> Can you send me something that generates your error and I'll
> have a look at
> it.
>
> Vivian

Well, if I haven't misunderstood what you're asking for, there is the
original test case at the root of this mail thread (copied below). This
produces the same error message that Conal gets:

Main:
c:/ghc/ghc-6.6/HSbase.o: unknown symbol `_free'
Main: user error (Dynamic loader returned: user error (resolvedObjs
failed.))

Alistair

module Test1 where
test1 = putStrLn "test1"

module Main where
import Prelude hiding (catch)
import Control.Exception
import Data.List
import System.Environment
import System.Plugins

instance Show (LoadStatus a) where
  show (LoadFailure errors) = "LoadFailure - " ++ (concat (intersperse
"\n" errors))
  show (LoadSuccess m p) = "LoadSuccess"

main = do
  a <- getArgs
  let
    modName = case a of
      (n:_) -> n
      _ -> "Test1"
  let modPath = "./" ++ modName ++ ".o"
  let method = "test1"
  fc <- catch (load modPath [""] [] method)
    (\e -> return (LoadFailure
      ["Dynamic loader returned: " ++ show e]))
  case fc of
    LoadFailure errors -> do
      fail (concat (intersperse "\n" errors))
    LoadSuccess modul proc -> do
      let p :: IO (); p = proc
      proc
Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is