[Haskell-cafe] what I learnt from my first serious haskell programm

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Sat Mar 17 09:14:18 EDT 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Fawzi Mohamed wrote:

> So I am wondering how people cope with them,  share your opinion,
> for me the best thing seem to be to try to use one
> module per "big" type, and then "import qualified x as y", what are
> good coding practices?

Do that and use hierarchical modules if there's a bunch of functionality
you want to pull together for ease of importing. Modules are there almost
entirely to provide namespaces and that's why there aren't other
constructs to do it. You don't want an overloading mechanism that isn't
type classes, either - how else would you decide "most specific"?

flippa at flippac.org

A problem that's all in your head is still a problem.
Brain damage is but one form of mind damage.