[Haskell-cafe] Parallelism on concurrent?

Dusan Kolar kolar at fit.vutbr.cz
Tue Mar 13 12:26:53 EDT 2007

Hello all,

  I'm googling around haskell.org to get some deeper knowledge about
Control.Parallel.Strategies than it is presented on
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/Control-Parallel-Strategies.html
BTW, could someone point me to some more deeper doc. about it?

  During googling I've discovered that since GHC 6.6, par, forkIO, and
forkOS should make the stuff run in parallel if I have more than one CPU
core. Is that right? I think not, because on my machine only par makes
the things run in parallel and only during the computation (GC runs in a
single thread). If it should work, how can I verify that my installation
is correct? If it should not work, will it be working someday?

  Thanks for your patience, responses, and tips

    Dusan