[Haskell-cafe] Re: idea for avoiding temporaries

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Mon Mar 12 20:43:05 EDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 05:21:46PM -0700, John Meacham wrote:
> type checker : boxy types and impredicativity paper + Wobbly type GADT
> inference paper

Both of those seem to take basic Hindley-Damas-Milner as a
prerequisite ... While I've invented two closely related typechecking
algorithms, and I'm pretty sure they're both close relatives of HDM, I
can't seem to find a readable paper explaining the real HDM algorithm.
A pointer to that would be very useful.

Stefan