[Haskell-cafe] Distributing a GHC-compiled binary for Macs (x86)

Arjun Guha arjun at cs.brown.edu
Thu Mar 8 15:49:08 EST 2007

Hi,

I compiled a binary using GHC 6.6 on my Mac (specifically, using ghc
--make).  This binary seems to depend on the GNU MP framework--I
imagine GHC uses it to implement its numeric tower.

However, Macs that don't have GHC installed don't seem to have GMP, so
I'll guess that it was installed along with the GHC binary.  Is there
any way to get around this GMP dependency?  I expect the binary to be
used on Macs that don't have GHC installed.  It would be acceptable if
I instructed Mac-users to download a binary installer for GMP, but I
haven't been able to find one.

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Arjun