[Haskell-cafe] A different Maybe maybe

Dan Weston westondan at imageworks.com
Wed Mar 7 21:51:34 EST 2007

> Congratulations!  You've just reinvented Church encoding.

Do not let the multiple responses of how you apparently wasted your time
reinventing (or do they mean stealing?) something Church did long ago
dampen your enthusiasm to learn exciting things and then share them.

I for one am always eager to hear them, and am now reading up on Church
encoding so that I can sound as in the know as everybody else on this list.

The Nobel-prize-winning Richard Feinmann loved to rederive previously
discovered things. On occasion, he even managed to invent new physical
theories by finding flaw in them. I suspect he might well have replied
to you with somewhat more encouraging words than others have seen fit to
offer.

Dan