[Haskell-cafe] Usage of . and $

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:24:14 EST 2007

> Which is the longer way of saying you don't need to count to make sure
> you closed all the brackets you opened! ;-)

< Dougal Stanton

1) Emacs does the counting for me
2) parens don't surprise me if I happen to use rank-2 types.

i was bit enough times when learning why $ and runST don't like each
other that I've grown averse of $. I also like thinking of building a
composite function instead of sequencing applications--this has helped
me see patterns in other places like writing monad transformer
instances and other stuff, so maybe it's a good thing.

My 2 cents.