[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Bugfixes for regex-posix and regex-pcre ByteString use

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:02:41 EST 2007

I'm having trouble building regex-pcre from

http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/regex-unstable/regex-pcre/

thartman at linodewhyou:~/haskellInstalls/regex-pcre$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.6

First (after darcs pulling) it complained

thartman at linodewhyou:~/haskellInstalls/regex-pcre$ sudo runghc
Setup.hs configure
Configuring regex-pcre-0.81...
Setup.hs: cannot satisfy dependency fps>=0.7

I went ahead and

dards got fps:

 darcs get --partial http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/code/fps

and built that, seemed to go ok. (Maybe that's the wrong repo though?)

Then went back to regex-pcre, configure went ok, but build complained
it didn't know which of two modules to use.

thartman at linodewhyou:~/haskellInstalls/regex-pcre$ sudo runghc Setup.hs build
Preprocessing library regex-pcre-0.81...
Building regex-pcre-0.81...

Text/Regex/PCRE/ByteString.hs:51:17:
   Could not find module `Data.ByteString.Base':
     it was found in multiple packages: fps-0.8 base
thartman at linodewhyou:~/haskellInstalls/regex-pcre$

I would really like to get this working. Thanks for any help!