[Haskell-cafe] MPTCs and rigid variables

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 13:11:21 EST 2007

Hello,

There is nothing wrong with this program.   I have run into this
problem and I consider it to be a bug/weakness of the type checking
algorithm used by the implementation.

(I also agree with you that the term "rigid variable" is rather
confusing because it is an artifact of the type checking algorithm
used by GHC.)

-Iavor