[Haskell-cafe] Lambdabot on Windows?

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sat Mar 3 22:06:46 EST 2007

>> Does anyone know of a standalone version of lambdabot which will run
>> on Windows?  (When I try to configure lambdabot-4.0, I get Setup.hs:
>> cannot satisfy dependency unix-any.)
>
> The darcs repo version of lambdabot does run on windows. you'll need to
> remove the unix dependency from the .cabal file. At least 2 people have
> had it working.
>
> Tim Newsham has more details.

Not much more details to give.  You edit the cabal file and remove the
unix dependency.  You'll also have to comment out the ft, runplugs, check
and smallcheck sections (these use some unix-specific tricks to limit how
long an external program runs for.  you could hack them out but then bot
users could cause long-running processes to be executed). If you have the
rest of the dependencies (ie. zlib and hs-plugins) it'll build just fine
as-is.  You can neuter the zlib bits and remove the zlib dependency if you
really dont feel like building that.

Make sure you follow the gist of the "build" script.  There's more to
build than just what the cabal file specifies...

> -- Don

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/