[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HSH 1.2.0

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sat Mar 3 17:33:11 EST 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 10:19:38PM +0000, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> >I've got some stuff that FilePath doesn't, namely making paths
> >absolute, wildcard matching/globbing, and also a function that
> >converts a POSIX wildcard into a regexp.
>
> FilePath did have a function that made paths absolute, but it got
> removed as its already in the base libraries:
> http://haskell.org/hoogle/?canonicalizePath

There are a couple of things about that function...

First, I did see it, but its description is rather vague on what it
does.  From the description, it sounds like it is possible that it
would not return an absolute path; I read it more as expanding
symlinks.  If it does indeed return an absolute path, I think that
should be stated explicitly for clarity.

> Wildcard matching/globbing was intentionally left out, so as to have
> less disagreements when trying to put it in to base :)

Heh, that's fine.  I'm happy to donate that code in MissingH to your
library and/or base if people want it.

Thanks, BTW, for the library you're maintaining.  I use it heavily.

-- John