[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: HSH 1.2.0

dfeustel at mindspring.com dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 3 10:19:52 EST 2007

I just tried to make HSH 1.2 but it needs Cabal, which I
apparently don't have installed. I also don't have
runghc installed (referenced at cabal homepage). Using
ghc instead failed as follows:

Setup.lhs:2:
    Failed to load interface for `Distribution.Simple':
*** Deleting temp files
Deleting: /home/daf/Tmp/ghc27809.hc /home/daf/Tmp/ghc27809.lpp
Warning: deleting non-existent /home/daf/Tmp/ghc27809.hc
A40:/home/daf/Hsh/hsh}ghc Setup.lhs configure

Setup.lhs:2:
    Failed to load interface for `Distribution.Simple':
A40:/home/daf/Hsh/hsh}

This suggests to me that my Haskell setup is not complete.

What do I need to do to get to the point where I can build HSH?

Thanks.