[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: simple interface to libraries Haddock

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:33:54 EST 2007

On 02/03/07, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:
> Like this?  http://haskell.org/hoogle/?q=map

I realise it's similar. I don't they fulfill quite the same aim
though. Hoogle might give me two dozen results when I roughly know the
name of a function, but this isn't what I want. I know the exact name
of a function and want its documentation. Perhaps there's not enough
distinction there, but Hoogle isn't convenient enough at the moment
for general documentation usage.

The main reason this is hard at the moment, incidentally, is that the
package name (which you can't guess from just the name of the
function) is encoded into the Haddock docs URL.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com