Fwd: Re: [Haskell-cafe] avoiding command window with wxHaskell on Windows?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 30 10:08:54 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 23:22 -0400, Dean Herington wrote:
> >Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:19:50 -0400

> >>With gtk2hs, using "-optl-mwindows" as a command line option for GHC lets
> >>me get rid of this window. Perhaps it will do the same for wxHaskell?
> >
> >Yes, that did the trick!  Thanks a lot!
>
> But now I've discovered that using "-optl-mwindows" creates a program
> that doesn't work when invoked from a command line.  Is there any way
> to create a program that can work when invoked either from a command
> line or through double-clicking?

You'll have to be a bit more specific about what you mean. Perhaps you
mean that when launched from the command line you cannot interact with
the program via that command line interface. That is indeed standard
windows behaviour.

You can create new terminals at runtime using Win32 functions, but I'm
not sure if you can figure out if the program was launched from a
terminal and associate with that terminal.

But perhaps you meant something else.

Duncan