[Haskell-cafe] Language semantics

Mark T.B. Carroll mark at ixod.org
Fri Jun 29 15:15:48 EDT 2007

Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> writes:
(snip)
> Woah... Let me sit down and grok that for an hour or two. o_o

The Haskell learning curve - including the wonderful range of useful
generic stuff you can do with it - extends way higher than for many
other languages, I think, though you can write lots of useful code when
you're just partway up. I'm still learning things, and knowing I have
much more yet to learn, and normally I can learn most of my way around a
new programming language within a couple of weeks.

(snip)
> What's Uniplate?

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/uniplate/ may help to answer that
question. I haven't even finished understanding SYB, yet, though; I'm
still mystified by how to use Data.Generics.Twins.gzipWithQ. So, I'm
not at a stage where I can usefully contrast Uniplate with the
Data.Generics stuff.

-- Mark