[Haskell-cafe] Newbie question: alternative for toInt/fromInt

peterv bf3 at telenet.be
Thu Jun 28 15:16:37 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get the SOE graphics library to compile for Win32 using the
latest libraries.

I fixed a couple of imports, but in the file GraphicsTypes.hs, the functions
toInt/fromInt are used, which are now obsolete:

type Dimension = Int

toDimension    :: Win32.INT -> Dimension

fromDimension  :: Dimension -> Win32.INT

toDimension   = toInt

fromDimension = fromInt

I don't have a clue how to fix this, as I can't find alternatives for
toInt/fromInt (except toInteger/fromInteger, but that would convert to
heavyweight ints), but I guess it must be really easy?

Thanks,

Peter