[Haskell-cafe] Best idiom for avoiding Defaulting warnings with ghc -Wall -Werror ??

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 22 18:45:45 EDT 2007

On Jun 22, 2007, at 18:29 , Henning Thielemann wrote:

> If the error occurs anyway, you get a report that your believe was
> wrong.
> (Or the user gets the report, and he doesn't know how to react.)

Well, that's why I included the other leg, where I'd like the
compiler to catch me at compile time if I set up a situation where it
might occur --- because ideally that case can't happen at run time,
but if I set up the types that way then I can't build the state
machine because it's a polymorphic list.  (And no, I don't think
HList is the right answer here.)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu