Poor man Haskell serialisation using TH, was: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Haskell serialisation

Pasqualino 'Titto' Assini tittoassini at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:43:20 EDT 2007

Hi Bulat,

On Thursday 21 June 2007 17:29:13 Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> how it can interpret call to "foo" without loading it? :)

I am not sure if I understand what you mean.

It certainly does load it.

Calling hspugins "eval" (or compiling with GHC API) will cause 'AModule.foo"
to be loaded and returned (the compiled code will naturally need to import
all the modules that are shared by the communicating parties).

Or you mean: what if the receiving side does not have 'AModule.foo' in the
first place?

Well, a shared vocabulary is a pre-requisite for communication anyway.

If we didn't share the knowledge of  the term 'haskell', how would me and you
be able to discuss this subject :-) ?

What am I missing?

Best,

       titto