RTTI in Haskell Re[2]: [Haskell-cafe] To yi or not to yi, is this really the question? A plea for a cooperative, ubiquitous, distributed integrated development system.

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 08:18:53 EDT 2007

Hello Tomasz,

> I also find it hard to believe that most languages have reflection,
> especially those which are traditionally focused on efficiency and
> compilation to native code, like C, C++, Fortran, Pascal, etc.

for OOP languages, it is no problem to provide RTTI as part of Object
interface (where Object is hierarchy base). to implement the same in
Haskell, we need to make Typeable automatic father of any type class
created

Simon, can it be implemented in GHC? this should provide us advantages
of dynamically-typed programming languages

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com