[Haskell-cafe] IDE?

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Mon Jun 18 15:00:52 EDT 2007

On Monday 18 June 2007 17:36:25 Donn Cave wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Jon Harrop wrote:
> > I don't normally drag threads back on topic, but functional reactive GUIs
> > seem to be pioneered by Haskell programmers. Can anyone explain what this
> > idea is all about?
>
> Since I haven't seen any replies so far, could you give us a hint?

Chris King's work in OCaml got me interested:

  http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/1918

and I quickly discovered that similar sounding things are being worked on in
the Haskell world:

  http://www.haskell.org/frp/

> I've seen some stuff that uses "arrows", and then there's O'Haskell,

I think arrows are very relevant and OOP is not.

> were you looking at either of those?  Something else in this category
> that isn't so past tense?

I hadn't noticed that these were done many years ago:

  http://haskell.org/yampa/

but I'm still clueless as to what this is all about. What problems is this
trying to solve? How well did it work? What is "modern" style for GUI
programming in Haskell?

OCaml for Scientists
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/?e