[Haskell-cafe] Can't build Lambdabot

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Jun 18 11:07:19 EDT 2007

Hi all,

so I got myself a brand new lambdabot-4.0 today, but failed miserably building
it.
First, build-depends lists fps>=0.7.
Now Data.ByteString(.*) is in base(since 6.6.1, I believe).
Easy to fix, just delete the entry in lambdabot.cabal.
After apparently successful configuration, ./build fails, because 'breakChar'
is no longer present (in fps-0.8 or the 6.6.1 base).
Okay, change breakChar '\n' to break (== '\n') in BotPP.hs and hope for the
best. Trying ./build again, fails with

Preprocessing executables for lambdabot-4.0...
Building lambdabot-4.0...

Plugin.hs:46:7:
    Could not find module `Text.Regex':
      it is a member of package regex-compat-0.71, which is hidden

which would be easy to fix if regex-compat-0.71 WERE hidden, bu it's NOT, it's
definitely exposed.

So what's going on here and how can I get myself a working lambdabot?
I'm on an i386-linux, if that matters.

Thanks,
Daniel