[Haskell-cafe] hSetBuffering woes

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Sat Jun 16 15:42:14 EDT 2007

Eric wrote:

> I've converted to lazy bytestrings. After reading in the bytes from a
> network connection I want to save them to a file but now the appendFile
> function blocks:

Well, yes.  It's presumably waiting for data from the network
connection, because it wants to write out the entire ByteString, and
whoever you're receiving data from hasn't closed the connection.

If you stepped back and stated the more general problem you are trying
to solve, we could help you more effectively.

	<b