[Haskell-cafe] How to devide matrix into small blocks

L.Guo leaveye.guo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:24:28 EDT 2007

Hi Janis.

I think either my data format or my original question confuses you.

About the problem description.

When I send the question, I have not decide how to manage the block data.
If the rough question confuse you, I have to say sorry.

About the data.

The whole image is of type [[a]], and after being devided, it is also [[a]].

for (w,h) = (2,2)

a b c d
e f g h
i j k l
m n o p

a b e f
c d g h
i j m n
k l o p

in another word, mkBlocks makes [pixels-of-lines] into [pixels-in-blocks].

This cryptical type is easy to form and to form from type [[pixels-of-lines-in-block]], and also, is close to my future purpose.