[Haskell-cafe] Just curios

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 11 17:07:11 EDT 2007

Paul Hudak wrote:
> As reported in the recent HOPL paper, /A History of Haskell/, Haskell
> Brooks Curry actually didn't like his first name!  I learned this when
> I visited his wife, Virginia Curry, at the time when we decided to
> name a language after her husband.

Yes... I recall reading that somewhere. (Irony, eh? Name something after
somebody and find they hated the name anyway...)

I *also* distinctly recall reading somewhere the following words:

  "Of course, our biggest mistake was using the word 'monad'. We should
have called it 'warm fuzzy thing'..."

Damned if I can remember who said that or where they said it though! >_<