[Haskell-cafe] Compiling packages for GHCi

Grzegorz grzegorz.chrupala at computing.dcu.ie
Tue Jun 5 13:24:03 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm having problems using a package which links in foreign libraries from GHCi.

I use a .cabal file to build the package and have the following option there:

extra-libraries:    stdc++ maxent z m gfortran m gcc_s

After installation, it works fine when I compile code using that package.
However, when I try it from GHCi I get:

cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I don't have a libmaxent.so, the maxent library in at /usr/local/lib/libmaxent.a

Can I somhow use my package with GHCi?

Thanks!,
Grzegorz