[Haskell-cafe] Re: How to read -ddump-hi output (and other phases) from GHC

Johan Grönqvist johan.gronqvist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 02:18:56 EDT 2007

Alistair Bayley skrev:
> I'm collecting links to documents describing some of GHC's
> optimisation output flags, like -ddump-hi and -ddump-simpl. I'll add
> stuff to this wiki page:
>  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Performance/GHC
> Any other hints?

Thanks. I will definitely use such a guide.

I only tried reading core once, but I used the --dump-X options together
with compilation for profiling. Inserting my own cost-centres then gave
me very clear labels in the code at the places I wanted them. I felt
this made it easier for me to identify the different functions and other
parts of the code within the core file.

Johan