[Haskell-cafe] RE: [Haskell] boilerplate boilerplate

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 4 05:57:21 EDT 2007

| lot of elements in it.  Having to do an explicit declaration of deriving
| (Data,Typeable) for each of them is just a tremendous beat-down no
| matter where I do it.

I hate to see you beaten down, Alex.  Make a feature request.  I don't want to make promises, but having a well-specified feature request, perhaps with some other people chiming in and saying what they want, is a good start.

Incidentally, for those interested in 'deriving', there's an open question about what the syntax of standalone deriving should be
        http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/StandAloneDeriving
I'd like to get this settled for 6.8.

Simon