[Haskell-cafe] I just don't get it (data structures and OO)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 05:21:47 EDT 2007

Hello Malcolm,

Sunday, June 3, 2007, 1:13:06 PM, you wrote:
>> The thing is, now that i have my planet p... i want to change it's age
>> ... and get back the new state of the universe...

> There has been lots of research into easing the pain of creating this
> outer traversal code - search for "Scrap your boilerplate", "compos",
> "Play", "generic traversal" (in conjunction with "Haskell").

yes, one more gentle haskell introduction LOL

i think that this is one more example of pattern where we suggest to
beginner advanced solution of problem. of course, problem still
exists and from time to time we need to solve it. but ABSOLUTELY MOST
of cases where beginners try to do something like this is when they
don't groked FP programming style and try to use Haskell in the
imperative way

so, Phlex, don't listen to my opponents :)  solution they suggest is
not what you need nor that you can understand now

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com