[Haskell-cafe] Re: Has anyone looked into adding subtyping...

oleg at pobox.com oleg at pobox.com
Sat Jun 2 04:39:31 EDT 2007

> The last time I tried this code, I reported to haskell-cafe that
> OOHaskell does not work when compiled as a library (at least under
> GHC).  For some reason the code that uses OOHaskell had to be compiled
> along side it.  Is this now fixed?

It may be, I have to try. It should be mentioned that most of the
OOHaskell functionality (extensible polymorphic records and variants)
are actually in HList. Einar Karttunen has ported the latter to GHC
6.6 and package under Cabal. I think the version is available on
Hackage. Anyway, the curious behavior requiring the presence of
OOHaskell sources seems like a problem with GHC separate
compilation. Could that be distilled to a small example so that we can
file a GHC problem report?