[Haskell-cafe] Implementing Mathematica

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 1 14:32:31 EDT 2007

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr wrote:
> PS. Somebody (A. Coppin?) said that Mathematica not without reason costs
> 10000.
> Weeeeelll, less than 2000, and for students there are much cheaper
> possibi-
> lities. I am the last to make free ads for Wolfram, I recommend the usage
> of Axiom and Maxima to my students, but there is no need to say publicly
> some dubious truths about commercial software.

Yes, that was me. And there's no need for "debious truths" - anybody
that wants to can check the price right now:

http://store.wolfram.com/view/app/mathematica/

Mmm, that *is* interesting... The price has indeed changed to £2,035. Ah
well, it might as well be £2,000,000 for all the difference it makes - I
will never own anywhere near that kind of money. :-(

PS. I wonder why it costs more on UNIX...?