[Haskell-cafe] problem building lambdabot

Thomas Hartman thomas.hartman at db.com
Tue Jul 31 16:46:30 EDT 2007

Can anybody shout out about the latest version of ghc compatible with
building lambdabot?

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/lambdabot.html

shows it working on 6.4.1.

can it build under anything more recent?

t.

"Stefan O'Rear" <stefanor at cox.net>
Sent by: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
07/30/2007 11:59 PM

Michael Vanier <mvanier at cs.caltech.edu>
cc
"haskell-cafe at haskell.org" <haskell-cafe at haskell.org>
Subject
Re: [Haskell-cafe] problem building lambdabot

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 08:54:12PM -0700, Michael Vanier wrote:
> So, now that I've got all the libraries installed, the compile fails
like
> this:
>
> Building lambdabot-4.0...
> [13 of 91] Compiling Lib.Parser       ( Lib/Parser.hs,
> dist/build/lambdabot/lambdabot-tmp/Lib/Parser.o )
>
> Lib/Parser.hs:19:39:
>     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `as_name'
>
> Lib/Parser.hs:19:48:
>     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `qualified_name'
>
> Lib/Parser.hs:19:64:
>     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `hiding_name'
>
> Lib/Parser.hs:19:77:
>     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `minus_name'
>
> Lib/Parser.hs:19:89:
>     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `pling_name'
>
> I'm using the latest darcs pull of lambdabot along with ghc 6.6.1.
Anyone
> have any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance for all the help,
>
> Mike

Lambdabot is incompatible with GHC 6.6.1, because of changes in
undocumented internal modules that lambdabot really shouldn't be
importing in the first place.  I had an idea for how to avoid the nasty
dependency a few days ago, *tries to implement it*.

Stefan
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Thomas Hartman/ext/dbcom]

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.