[Haskell-cafe] Newbie question about Haskell skills progress

peterv bf3 at telenet.be
Tue Jul 31 15:02:29 EDT 2007

Having only a couple of days of practice programming Haskell (but having
read lots of books and docs), I find myself writing very explicit low level
code using inner "aux" functions (accumulators and loops). Then I force
myself  to revise the code, replacing these aux functions with suitable
higher-order functions from the library. However, I would like to use these
higher order functions right away, without using low-level aux constructs,
which is most likely caused by my very long history of imperative
programming.

Is this the "normal" way of progressing in Haskell, or should I consider a
different approach?

Thanks,

Peter