[Haskell-cafe] Re: Code and Perf. Data for Prime Finders (was: Genuine Eratosthenes sieve)

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Mon Jul 30 18:36:54 EDT 2007

Hello,

On Wednesday 25 July 2007 01:42, Thorkil Naur wrote:
> Hello Melissa,
>
> On Tuesday 24 July 2007 19:09, Melissa O'Neill wrote:
> > (See ONeillPrimes.hs in http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~oneill/code/haskell-
> > primes.zip for the complete code.  I've also added Thorkil Naur's
> > code from March, which is also a good performer,
>
> Do you have detailed measurements that you wish to share? I would be most
> interested, I assure you.
>
> > although its another
> > case where most readers would find a detailed explanation of the code
> > instructive.)
>
> I'll do my very best to provide such an explanation within, say, the next
> couple of weeks.

And now that time has come, so brace yourselves. For your convenience, my
"code from March" is

  thorkilnaur.dk/~tn/T64_20070303_1819.tar.gz

See also a preliminary description in
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2007-March/023095.html.

The new explanation is here:

  thorkilnaur.dk/~tn/Haskell/EratoS/EratoS2.txt

Best regards
Thorkil