[Haskell-cafe] HDBC Laziness (was Re: HDBC or HSQL)

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sun Jul 29 18:56:30 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-26, jeff p <mutjida at gmail.com> wrote:
> to lazily retrieve query results. While this can be very convenient,
> it can also easily lead to very frustrating errors and/or resource
> leaks (just like any lazy IO operation); I eventually had to remove
> all trace of this function from my code base.

I have heard from a number of people that this behavior is not very
newbie-friendly.  I can see how that is true.  I have an API revision
coming anyway, so perhaps this is the time to referse the default
laziness of HDBC calls (there would be a '-version of everything with
laziness enabled, still).

Thoughts?