[Haskell-cafe] Handling custom types in Takusen

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:17:58 EDT 2007

Disclaimer: I don't know Takusen very well, and I'm talking of Sqlite backend.

I noticed that in Takusen there're just two instances to implement to
make any Haskell type db-serializable: DBBind / SqliteBind for
serialization and DBType for deserialization.

I wanted to implement blob serialization for PackedStrings, but I
noticed that both DBBind and DBType classes are not public.
Defining custom serialization (not just Show  / Read string
serialization) is very useful in applicative code, and not just in
Takusen backend code.

There's any way to do it without modifying Takusen Sqlite backend?

Salvatore Insalaco