[Haskell-cafe] RE: Speedy parsing

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Sun Jul 22 17:46:31 EDT 2007

Re, Joseph (IT) wrote:
> Ah, I thought I might have to resort to one of the ByteStrings modules.
> I've heard of them but was more or less avoiding them due to some
> complexities with installing extra libraries in my current dev
> environment.  I'll try to work that out with the sysadmins and try it
> out.

Maybe it is easier to just get ghc-6.6.1 - it contains Data.ByteString & Co
in base library.

Also, for cabal-ized libs (which is quickly becoming the rule), you can
install with --user flag and give it a directory where you have write
permission.

On a different note: I've been wondering how difficult it would be to
re-write Parsec so that it doesn't act on a /list/ of tokens but on a
Sequence (defined in Data.Collections from collections package). Because
this would mean one could use String as well as ByteString.

Cheers
Ben