[Haskell-cafe] gui libs? no thanks, i'm just browsing.. ;-)

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 07:07:44 EDT 2007

I'm not sure if you're talking about C++ ABIs or C ABIs?  If you're already
using a C ABI, and you're getting incompatibilities, well I have nothing
useful to say :-)

If you're talking about C++ ABIs, technically it's possible to use a
Generator to drop-down into a C ABI, pump across the interface at a C level,
function by function, then wrap back into C++ classes.

The advantage is that you decouple the classes on either side of the
interface, so it's possible to add new methods to the classes without
breaking anything.

(Warning: I have no idea to what extent what I just wrote relates to ghc
etc.  I did make a generator to cross a C++ ABI boundary before, to link an
msvc C++ dll with a mingw C++ exe:

http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7991
)