[Haskell-cafe] Frustrating experience of a wannabe contributor

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Jul 19 11:46:46 EDT 2007

On 7/18/07, Derek Elkins <derek.a.elkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 14:06 -0500, Antoine Latter wrote:
> > MediaWiki's search isn't fantastic - what I did was a google search on
> > "site:www.haskell.org DLL"
> >
> > It's not a very good answer, but it's the only answer I know.
> >

> In general I find Google's search to be more comprehensive and effective
> than pretty much any search provided by a site (for itself).  Useful
> tricks for haskell,
>
> Search mailinglists: site:haskell.org inurl:pipermail
> Search new wiki: site:haskell.org inurl:haskellwiki
> Search old wiki: site:haskell.org inurl:hawiki

Would it be possible to replace mediawiki's search function with a
google search?  I've seen lots of sites that provide a search feature
by just using google search restricted to their domain (like in the
examples above).  Perhaps the haskellwiki could be modified to do this
by default?  Of course, this assumes we can keep robots from crawling
around where they shouldn't be in the wiki.

Jason