[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining the community

Thomas Conway drtomc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:30:02 EDT 2007

On 7/18/07, Hugh Perkins <hughperkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I the only person who finds it interesting/worrying that there are few to
> no people in the group who are ex-C# programmers.  I mean, you could argue
> that C# programmers are simply too stupid to do Haskell, but ... you know,
> there is another explanation ;-)

I wouldn't say too stupid, but it may be a cultural thing. People
working in C++ are more likely to be doing what I would call
"technical" programming, and correspondingly more likely to be
interested in Haskell, and to appreciate what it has to offer from
painful personal experience. From what I know of the marketplace,
people working in C# are more likely to be doing client/integration
work where technical finesse is less important, and are therefore less
likely to see the point.

cheers,
T.
--
Dr Thomas Conway
drtomc at gmail.com

Silence is the perfectest herald of joy:
I were but little happy, if I could say how much.