[Haskell-cafe] RE: haskell for web

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:17:12 EDT 2007

On 7/17/07, Martin Coxall <pseudo.meta at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder why 'we' aren't pushing things like this big time. When Ruby
> took off, more than anything else it was because of Rails. Web
> programming is something 'the kids' can really get into, and it caused
> Ruby to explode into the mainstream geek consciousness.
>
> Maybe the Haskell community should push something like Happs or Wash
> in the same way.

I'm gonna agree with this.  Web applications are really easy to write, and
easy to publish, searchable in Google etc.

It's also a big business requirement.  The difference in value between a
script that does something fancy, and a webpage that does something less
fancy, but is easy to use, is enormous.