[Haskell-cafe] can't build hIDE

Vadim vadim at vkonovalov.ru
Mon Jul 16 06:22:08 EDT 2007

Salvatore Insalaco wrote:

>> src/Hide/Plugin/LoaderMidLevel.hs:126:26: Not in scope: `moduleFS'
>

> hIDE uses low-level GHC APIs to do some of its tricks. Unfortunately, GHC
> APIs change faster than hIDE, so the last version of hIDE is not
> compatible
> with GHC 6.6.
>
> As far as I know, in GHC 6.6 moduleFS has been renamed moduleNameFS.
> You can
> try to replace "moduleFS" with "moduleNameFS" on line 126 in
> src/Hide/Plugin/LoaderMidLevel.hs, and try to recompile.

thanks for the help.

I still get errors, though:

[5 of 6] Compiling Hide.Plugin.LoaderMidLevel (
src/Hide/Plugin/LoaderMidLevel.hs, dist/build/Hide/Plugin/LoaderMidLevel.o )

src/Hide/Plugin/LoaderMidLevel.hs:98:35:
    Couldn't match expected type `SrcSpan'
           against inferred type `UnlinkedBCO'
    In the second argument of `linkExpr', namely `unlinked'
    In a 'do' expression: hvalue <- linkExpr hscEnv unlinked
    In the expression:
        do name <- fmap expectOneName (parseName session symbol)
           Just tything <- lookupName session name
           let globalId = getGlobalId tything
           hscEnv <- sessionHscEnv session
           unlinked <- coreExprToBCOs (hsc_dflags hscEnv) (Var globalId)
           hvalue <- linkExpr hscEnv unlinked
           return (hvalue, idType globalId)

src/Hide/Plugin/LoaderMidLevel.hs:126:40:
    Couldn't match expected type `ModuleName'
           against inferred type `Module'
    In the first argument of `moduleNameFS', namely `(nameModule n)'
    In the first argument of `zEncodeFS', namely
        `(moduleNameFS (nameModule n))'
    In the first argument of `unpackFS', namely
        `(zEncodeFS (moduleNameFS (nameModule n)))'
setup build failed for packages/hidePlugin

Thanks once again!

Vadim.