[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining the community

Alex Queiroz asandroq at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:11:54 EDT 2007

Hallo,

On 7/16/07, Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:

> OK, so I'm not genuinely suggesting that you must possess or be studying
> for a PhD, to grok Haskell.  But I find nothing alarming about the
> suggestion that one needs a fairly high level of intelligence, and some
> training, in order to be able to use Haskell effectively.

     If I say I'm not stupid, would you believe me? I'm not saying
that Visual Basic-level programmers should be able to understand
haskell without a lot more studying and practice. What I'm saying is
that almost every topic in Haskell Café evolves into a very high level
discussion that may frighten some beginners, as it seems that without
a PhD in programming languages and category theory, the language is
not for you.

-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/