[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell shootout game

David LaPalomento dlapalomento at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:32:01 EDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Claus Reinke <claus.reinke at talk21.com> wrote:

> > There are lots of "robot battle" games out there, like
> > but none in Haskell, of course.
>
> do the icfp contests count? not even limited to haskell, and
> there were several tasks that look related, including:
>
> http://alliance.seas.upenn.edu/~plclub/cgi-bin/contest/ants.html
>
> http://icfpc.plt-scheme.org/spec.html
>
> http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/%7Esheard/2002IcfpContest/task.html

claus

Perhaps it would be interesting to generalize the notion of a 'game' so that
programmers could design their own simple games to compete in as well as
designing game-playing agents?  I'm not sure if this presents problems as
far as running untrusted code but it would add a lot of appeal to the site
in my mind.  If designed right, the agents could be run against multiple
games; seeing a hierarchy of agent performance across a number of different
challenges would be very cool.

David