[Haskell-cafe] In-place modification

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:28:51 EDT 2007

On 7/15/07, Sebastian Sylvan <sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought the point wasn't to compare programmer's creativity, but to
> compare languages?

Sebastian, you cant directly compare languages, you can only compare the
results of a pairing between developers and those languages.  There's no
absolute way to make the comparison, you just have to average out, over
scenarios that are relevant to whatever you're doing.

If we assume that Haskell programmers are at least as creative as C#
programmers - and most Haskell programmers seem to take this as written ;-)
- then this should balance out ok.