[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining the community

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 15 12:49:48 EDT 2007

This is a bit tangental, but... One problem I sometimes have is not
knowing the status of things. E.g., you read about Associated Types, and
then you go "hey, is this implemented now? is it being implemented soon?
etc."

(Don't all rush in and tell me about ATs - I'm only picking it as an
example. Others include, say, the GHC debugger, stream fusion, parallel
arrays, etc etc etc.)

Maybe I'm looking wrong, but it often isn't obvious to me how to figure
out the answer to the question "does all this cool stuff work yet?" I'm
not really sure what we could change to fix that though...