[Haskell-cafe] In-place modification

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 12:40:32 EDT 2007

Hello Donald,

Sunday, July 15, 2007, 8:22:33 PM, you wrote:

> usually 2-4x slower.  Really poor at lightweight concurrency.

> both systems, I'd have a go in C# at 'chameneos', a concurrency
> benchmark,

shootout contains only two or three tests that compare quality of code
generated by compiler rather than bundled libraries (and its
maintainer doesn't allow to include 3rd-party libs in tests but can't
track inclusion of required libs into language distribution)

in particular, you have selected two tests that relates to the speed
of ghc-bundled l.c. support and nothing else. it would be fool to make
assumptions about speed of number-crunching code based on these tests

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com