[Haskell-cafe] In-place modification

Derek Elkins derek.a.elkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 19:37:59 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 00:53 +0200, Hugh Perkins wrote:
> There's really a tendency in this newsgroup to point people to huge
> documents, when a small copy and paste would make the answer so much
> more accessible ;-)
> Anyway... so reading through the paper, it looks like its using a
> priority queue?  Which basically is changing the algorithm somewhat
> compared to the C# version.
> Anyway, if you can provide a working Haskell version, I'll be happy to
> run it.  I sortof suspect that if it gave results within 30% of the C#
> version someone would already have done so ;-)

It's a six page document, and the point was in the first paragraph.

Here's part of a giant thread about this that occurred in February:

There is a zip file with 15 Haskell implementations and timing
comparisons to a C version.  The author of that email is, incidentally,
the author of the paper I referred to.