[Haskell-cafe] Indentation Creep

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:55:06 EDT 2007

Hello Thomas,

Saturday, July 14, 2007, 12:59:16 AM, you wrote:

>                             case re of
>                                 False -> writeTVar m Nothing
>                                 True  -> writeTVar p Empty

> All that case analysis causes indentation to creep, and lots of
> vertical space "feels" wasted. Is that just a fact of life, or is
> there Haskellmagic that I still need to learn?

this code actually looks as core Haskell, to which all Haskell code
desugared by compiler :)  i will not add too much to answers al;ready
given, but when your function look too long - split it into several
ones. it's one more way to decrease indenting. you may use local
functions via 'where' or 'let' if you don't want to make them global

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com